Pages

Never do this.....


Chopping your cam chest has become a right of passage so to speak when it comes to building a righteous sportster. How ever, I would highly recommend never using this method. Over the years I find myself going further & further out of my way to avoid using power tools. I have a hand full of reasons for doing so, but to keep from rambling, I'll say, it just feels right. This time though, I may have gone too far. There are so many things that could have gone wrong here, but I decided to trust my hands & tackle this with a little finesse. Well, what I've done so far took absolutely for ever & at some point I'll still have to remove the thing to get it all purdy, but at least my cam cover is now chopped. Oh, & in case you're wondering, the leak you see is an oil passage that I uncovered, drilled during the manufacturing process & plugged by the factory; & now needing re-plugged by me. -Cheers

No comments: